Don’t be stupid about it…(Houston, TX)

23 04 2012

Gas leak fire leads to marijuana grow house

People running an illegal operation must have forgotten a valuable piece of advice — call before you dig. The mistake they made sent their operation up in flames.

It happened Monday morning in the 2300 block of Sparrow Branch Court in Sugar Land.Gas-line-fire-jpg

The gas line erupted, starting a fire near the back of the home. Flames could be seen over the house.

Robert Smith, a neighbor, quickly jumped in to fight the flames.

"I went out with my hose, my little hose, and I soaked it down. I could feel the heat. It was intense," he said.

Within minutes, the Sugar Land Fire Department arrived and began fighting the blaze. It took about two hours to put out the fire.

Fearing someone was trapped inside, firefighters searched the home.

CLICK HERE to read the full story from MSNBC








%d bloggers like this: